1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2 cups lukewarm water
1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
Rosemary or thyme
Coarse sea salt
1. Combine yeast and warm water in a large bowl.
2. Using a wooden spoon add in 1 cup of the flour and then the salt and mix until combined.
3. Stir in the remainder of flour, one cup at a time until completely incorporated.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and allow 1 hour to rise.
5. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet.
6. Do not punch down dough. Sprinkle a bit of flour on hands, take the dough and shape into a disk. (It will be very sticky).
7. Place in the skillet cover with a paper towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 400 F.
9. Drizzle some oil over the top and slash the dough with a knife creating an X.
10.Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and rosemary or thyme leaves.
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown color.