This is the truth! There’s a double digit snowstorm in the forecast and today I was out running another errand and needed only a couple of items from the grocery store, I think everyone in town was there.
Seriously, it seems Thanksgiving was a couple of weeks ago, Christmas went flying by and it’s already January. It’s snowing here tonight, 16 degrees F and heavy wind. So yeah, yuck. I ran errands today and went by the grocery store so hopefully I won’t have to get out the next few days in this seriously miserable weather. Why is it anytime snow is in the forecast the grocery stores are just crazy with people? Thursday’s are my normal grocery shopping day but today it was crowded like it is before a holiday.
Have you been sticking by you New Year’s resolutions? I dislike resolutions, it seems after a couple of weeks no one remembers what they resolved to change. I prefer to make a list of priorities to showcase in the new year. So here we go : 1)This Spring I really want to deep clean each room, de-clutter, do some painting and redecorating. 2) I hope to do a lot of outside work and container gardening. I have a few projects for the house exterior and lawn, including setting up a fire pit area in the back, giving my deck furniture a makeover, painting our back deck and I want to experiment with planting some new fruits and veggies in the Spring. 3)For my reading goals this year I focused not on the number of books but the number of pages, I decided to focus more on quality instead of quantity. I’m already at approx. 20% of my goal but in warmer months, I won’t be reading as much and 4) I want to travel more this year.
Happy New Year!
This year I set my reading goal at fifty books and I finished this a couple of weeks early. Below is an entire list of books I read in the last year. Looking back on this list I notice a few things. I think I had a nice spread of some really good bestsellers and great authors including a few indie authors I discovered. I read my first books by Susanna Kearsley and Paula Brackston, two authors I’m looking forward to reading more of in the future. I read all three of the White Trash Zombie series by Diana Rowland, good fun! Two books by Neil Gaiman, who is an incredible author, made the list. And, I enjoyed all 853 pages of 11/22/63 by Stephen King. My favorite genre is still Urban Fantasy which this list reflects. Time to set a new reading goal. Since books seem to be getting longer (several current bestsellers are over 800 pages) I plan on going for quality over quantity next year as several books I hope to read are quite long.
1: The Bite Before Christmas
2: Rules of Civility
3: Nordic Fairies
4: The American Heiress
5: The Winter Sea
6: Short & Sweet (Four Fun & Flirty Tales)
7: On Dublin Street
9: American Gods
10: The Witch’s Daughter
11: Tempest Rising
12: PREPPING ON A BUDGET the frugal survival guide when time matters the most!
13: The Firefly Dance
14: God Save the Queen
15: Beautiful Disaster
16: My Life as a White Trash Zombie
18: Dead Ever After
19: The Witch of Little Italy
20: While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
21: Seventh Heaven
22: Last Summer
23: City of Bones
24: The Ocean at the End of the Lane
25: Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues
26: White Trash Zombie Apocalypse
27: Summer at Tiffany
28: Illumination Night
29: The Beach House
30: Lords of Salem
31: Witches 101
32: Witches of East End
34: Short Story Strands: Halloween 2012 Edition
35: It’s Not The Great Pumpkin, Maxie Duncan (Maxie Duncan, Book 1.5)
36: Bell, Book, and Sandals (Maxie Duncan, Book 1)
37: Me and My Ghoulfriends
38: A Taste of Magic
39: A Stroke of Magic
40: A Breath of Magic
41: After Dead
42: Dark Witch
43: Waking Kate
44: By Magic Alone
45: Blue Christmas
46: Away With the Fairies
47: Coke with a Twist (A Mercy Watts short)
48: Confessions of A Prepper- Prepper Mom: How To Plan And Protect Your Family And Friends During Any Disaster
49: The End: Postapocalyptic Visions of an Unstoppable Collapse
50: Container Gardening: How To Grow Food, Flowers and Fun At Home (Gardening Guidebooks)
I love the annual Sephora VIB event that always takes place in November. It includes 20% off everything for you and an accompanied friend, lots of freebies including deluxe samples, first access to new products, seasonal make-up looks at the Beauty Studio and a limited- edition tote bag. Here’s a complete description of today’s beauty haul. Some of it is basic stuff I use every day, some I’ve never used but want to try and I added a few additional goodies.
1. TOKYOMILK DARK Femme Fatale Collection Lip Elixirs, Salted Caramel No. 36 – Sweet Cream, Sea Salt, Caramelized Sugar, Toasted Vanilla Bean
2. TOKYOMILK DARK Femme Fatale Collection Lip Elixirs, Coco Noir No. 60 Lip Elixir – Dark Rum, Maraschino Cherry, Sweet Milk, Cacao Bean
3. TOKYOMILK DARK Tokyomilk Gift Set contains 3 Eau De Parfum Rollerballs in 18: CHANCE, 79: DESTINY and 26: WISDOM. 18: CHANCE twists bamboo with tea leaves, succulent fresh fig, and the subtle intensity of white musk. 79: DESTINY blends the insistence of fresh cut ginger with the floral sweetness of honeysuckle and the sultry aromas of davana and midnight jasmine. 26: WISDOM combines calming water lily and mossy woods accords into a soothing blend that floats over deeper notes of walnut and winter musk.
4. SEPHORA FAVORITES BB Buzz Typically, I don’t use a BB but this set includes five deluxe, most sought-after BB Creams for fair skin, so I thought this is a good chance to try a few and see what I like. Included is Boscia B.B. Cream SPF27, Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm 45, Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light, Stila Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Illuminating Beauty Balm with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Cream.
5. VIB limited-edition Sephora tote
6. SMASHBOX Photo Finish Foundation Primer
7. CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
8. CLINIQUE Black Honey Beauty This cult fave in a cute set which includes A Different Enamel in Black Honey, Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Black Honey, High Impact Mascara in Black and Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
9. TOO FACED Beauty Blogger Darlings, a set which contains Bronzer in Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Primed & Poreless Face Primer, Better Than Sex Mascara and Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer.
10. KAT VON D Tattoo Liner
11. Julep Mini Freedom Polymer Top Coat-Deluxe sample
12. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make Up Removing Wipes For Oily And Combination Skin
13. Clinique Chubby Intense in MightIest Maraschiano-Deluxe sample
14. Tarte Lights Camera Flashes-Deluxe sample
15. AGAVE Oil Treatment- Sample
16. KORRES Face Primer- Sample